Please or Register to create posts and topics.

S.A. Cinderella.

PreviousPage 2 of 4Next

Cinderellas, Home, Gifts & Comforts.

Uploaded files:
  • Fb743.jpg

Trek Saam.

Uploaded files:
  • fb748.jpg

For our Russian Ally.

Uploaded files:
  • Fb753.jpg

Once more into the breach, dear friend....

Uploaded files:
  • Vat-Jou-Goed-eb-Trek-Ferreira.jpg

Thanks, not seen that one before!  Hope you're not suggesting that I depart!

Not at all. Glad to know you still have the tune in your head. I think I have written about this before but when the Apartheid cops raided the Nazz nightclub in Cape Town in the early 60s to enforce the Group Areas Act they encountered a young jazz pianist called Dollar Brand. He wasn't playing at the time so they asked him "Hey you, what're you doing here?". He replied that he was the piano player. The cops were disbelieving. "Go on then. Play something" they ordered. Dollar Brand sat down at the piano and slowly played an improvised version of the Boere staple "Vat jou goed en trek, Ferreira". ('Take your goods and trek, Ferreira'.) The irony was lost on the cops. Today Dollar Brand is the internationaly acclaimed Abdullah Ibrahim. Passive resistance is its own reward.

Regarding Bas's comments on  SOLPT1's Pieterburgs 'Cinderellas'. As Bas says, these are listed in stamp catalalogues, notably Stanley Gibbons and also the South African Colour catalogue. That quite an endorsement for their being stamps rather than cinderellas (which are not listed in 'proper' stamp catalogues). The fact that they are not "legit" doesn't change anything. They are forgeries of stamps, not cinderellas. Just why they came into being is an interesting subject that can be extended to include Mafeking as well.

Hi Adel and Jamie

Are these any good for your study?

regards

Pam

Uploaded files:
  • 1.jpg
  • 2.jpg
  • 3.jpg
  • 4.jpg
  • 5.jpg

Cont'd....

Uploaded files:
  • 6.jpg
  • 7.jpg
  • 8.jpg
  • 9.jpg

Hi Jamie and Adel

Here are a few labels (Cinderella's) I have on covers....

Uploaded files:
  • 10.jpg
  • 11.jpg
  • 12.jpg
  • 13.jpg
  • 14.jpg

Cont'd....

Uploaded files:
  • 15.jpg
  • 16.jpg
  • 17.jpg
  • 18.jpg