Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Auction of John Fletcher's revenue, stamp and postal history collection

I have decided to abandon my collecting activities and auction my collections - a small part of the collections will be auctioned by Abacus Auctions, Melbourne, Australia between 22 and 24 February, the majority of items will appear in an auction by Abacus in April – date still to be determined. Items illustrated in the COGH Revenue volumes published in this forum will be available for purchase plus a substantial collection of Transvaal stamps/covers and COGH postal history material.

John, I am interested and I know others who will be very interested.  Please keep us up to date.

My collections are now up for auction (Abacus Auction No 247 – Lots 2611 to 2817)

Cape of Good Hope Revenues from 1710 to 1899

Cape of Good Hope stamps and postal stationary

Transvaal stamps and postal stationary

Some Boer War

Some lots are large, sometimes with several pages of illustration and unfortunately including several good individual items that should have been listed separately. All items posted by myself in the various forums are included for sale – please enquire with the auction house for more details on a lot, or contact myself if any query is not satisfactory – wishing everyone success in their collecting endeavours – auctioneers are Abacus Auctions, Mount Waverley. Victoria – website abacusauctions.com.au – web viewing is now available. All the best from  John Fletcher