Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Ocean mail (code letters)

I am posting a page on "Ocean Mail" with explanatory notes for the code letters, for the sake of completeness of the topics. I am missing code "F", anyone seen it? 

Uploaded files:

These are very useful as a frame of reference and beautifully displayed. I can see several people I know becoming interested in this Maritime topic after  seeing these. Thank you. I note that "B" and "C" are the same stamp. Are these temporary space-fillers?

Steve

Thanks for picking up the error. I will fix it. They shouldn't be the same.

The error is due to the way I develop the pages. I first scan the images, then arrange the layout and write-up.  So I must have picked the wrong image.

The reason behind it is that I  store most of the stamps and covers separate for the time being for better protection from the harsh climate here.  Also this way I can also go back and edit. The whole collection is almost re-written now (you can see the page numbers at the bottom), plus in between I write notes, provide links, I can have  a table of contents an index and bibliography all more all less automated. 

Yannis, once you've fixed it, simply delete the PDF and replace it with the new one.

I am intrigued and interested in how you have gone about writing up your collection with page numbers, index and bibliography "all more or less automated". This is sophisticated stuff. You are obviously good with computers. One day, when you have the time and nothing more important to do :>), it will be good if you could post a brief overview in the Technology topic on how you achieved this result.