Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Revenue stamps used for postage

The other day,among a collection of covers I bought,I came across 3 with 2nd and 3rd issue revenue stamps used as normal postage stamps.

It's the first time I've seen this,did it happen a lot?

Steve

It was common practice during the 1950's up until the early 70's when such usage was often taxed, but not always.  I have never seen a study on the subject so now is YOUR chance!  If you fancy getting started, open a new subject and I will post my couple in and hope that others will follow suit.

Jamie.

Jamie

Thanks for your reply,I would'nt mind doing as you suggest but I don't have the kit or knowledge to do it.

I'm still coal fired....

Steve

Let's see what our Steve says, maybe he can st it up and we just post into it.

Steve .... Steve. Email me a 24-bit colour scan of the cover at 200 or 300 dpi and I will post it as part of your original query. It always helps to see what one is talking about.  A picture tells a 1000 words, apparently.

Email <postmaster@southafricanphilatelyclub.com>.

Alternatively, you can UPLOAD FILES yourself by using BROWSE to find the image in your computer's directories. You can ADD up to five images to your post. The total file size must be less than 5Mb. I will write a note on how to do this and put it in FAQ (FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS).