Please or Register to create posts and topics.

SACC's - South African Colour Catalogue.

My copy of the SACC is ten years old.

The new one is over US $100.

Does anyone have a more recent edition at a sane price?

Todd E. of Iowa.

Hi Todd,  Mine is nearly twenty years old, I just use it for reference.  Let's see if the others can come up with anything more recent (when they wake up!).  

Look after yourself over there!  We still need you!

Jamie.

The South African Colour Catalogue (SACC) is a lovely book to have, a pocket-size reference in colour. The first copy I had was a 1994 / 1995  softcover, not a hardback. I took it with me everywhere when I was buying stamps and covers at British fairs. People who saw it were intrigued and a little envious. Back then you needed a wheeled-suitcase to lug an Stanley Gibbons (SG) GB catalogue around with you. As an SA collector, I was proud that South Africa had managed to produce a decent, practical stamp reference catalogue in colour before Gibbons.

My current copy of SACC is 2008 / 2009. Like Jamie,  I use it only as a reference book, usually to check the Date of Issue but also to sometimes add SACC reference numbers alongside SG ones in display write-ups. As, I  do not collect modern SA I have no need to know what the new issues are and what they're worth, supposedly. So, sorry, I can't help either but hopefully someone who is a more enthisiastic collector of  modern South African stamps than me and who has a need to stay up-to-date with catalogues will have an old but more recent copy of the SACC for resale!

I have just looked on eBay quickly. I see there is a 1977 SACC for £20.48. Well, that's not going to help!

I have in the past bought philatelic books from Burkhard Schneider of Philabooks in Germany. I see he has a 2014 SACC for sale at USD $ 79.30! Postage to the USA from Germany, SA or the UK will add a pretty penny or two to the purchase price. At this level you will almost certainly be better off paying your $100 to get a new copy.

I think your best best is eBay. Keep looking and you may be lucky some day..

Hi

I have copies of the 2013, 2014, and 2015 SACCs. All 3 are virtually new - hardly used. I live in Greece so postage may be expensive - they weigh almost a kilogram each.

If you are interested, drop me an email on dncom@mweb.co.za.

Regards

Dennis