Please or Register to create posts and topics.

My writings.

PreviousPage 5 of 22Next

Good Morning Jamie,

Here is around 4h00 am. I like to wake up early. It is nice and quiet. Just to say I love your poems and you are right, writing things down while the memories are still memories and before they become so fuzzy that they will blend into oblivion.

Thanks Yannisl - This one is for you and all the other Ancient! Ph........................

Uploaded files:
  • SAPC264.jpg

More S.A.

Uploaded files:
  • SAPC265.jpg

Anyone remember these?  This one is preserved in the Crich Tramway Museum in England.  And yes that is me at he 'wheel'.

Uploaded files:
  • SAPC276.jpg

An incident in Johannesburg.  As I have said before this is and incident from my diary.

Uploaded files:
  • SAPC277.jpg

Brent, if you are reading this... You once asked me when a piece was finished.  When I answered that I didn't know you said "When the poet dies".  You were right I just changed a bit of this one after forty five years!  

Uploaded files:
  • SAPC278.jpg

These two pieces are about the same incident which occurred on one of our first road trips in South Africa.  Bedfordview to Marble Hall and Loskop Dam, returning via Middleburg.  I must say we were pretty wild in those days, a few days later we did the Kruger Park on a day trip, that was Bedfordview and back in less than 36 hours, that was a round trip of over 800 miles (+- 1,300 kilometres).  The Marble Hall and Loskop run was only a 500k trip. 

Uploaded files:
  • SAPC280.jpg
  • SAPC281.jpg
  • SAPC282.jpg

Let's have a laugh at ourselves!

Uploaded files:
  • SAPC291.jpg
  • SAPC292.jpg

Still with the 'Wild Life'.

Uploaded files:
  • SAPC294.jpg

The natural beauty of South Africa.