Please or Register to create posts and topics.

S.A. Cinderella.

PreviousPage 3 of 4Next

And another one from WW2. Any idea what this is? I think somewhere on this site there is another example.

Uploaded files:
  • Cinderella-JHB-under-Censor-Label.jpg

And a few more that I found today.

Uploaded files:
  • South-African-Cinderella-3.jpg

And three more, two Christmas TB labels and the last one for Jacaranda Jamie!.

Uploaded files:
  • Three-Covers-with-Cinderellas.jpg

And one more found today. But did they support Namibia?

Uploaded files:
  • We-Support-Rhodesia.jpg

And a few more found today. I would like to know more about the General Botha label. This show him as a younger man, a South African War Boer General. I realise also that I have several nice 'Rand Show' labels. It would nice to see more of these from others, perhaps a complete set?

Uploaded files:
  • South-African-Cinderellas-4.jpg

The Empire Exhibition ran from 15 September 1936 to 1st February 1937. The venue was Milner Park. Sadly, the cinderellas below are on the reverse so are not tied to the cover by a postmark. Nor is the Machine Cancellation the commemorative postmark created for the event. So, all-in-all a double downer! But fortunately, the MC cancellation is correct for the period of the show. Now all you have to do is believe that the labels were not added later! Despite all my negativity and their worn state, they are good examples of labels from the Empire Exhibition.

Uploaded files:
  • Empire-Exhibition-Front-Back.jpg

South Africa -  Union Jack.

Uploaded files:
  • Screenshot-2022-01-04-134110.png

South Africa - British Navy.

Uploaded files:
  • Screenshot-2022-01-04-151133.png

South Africa.

Uploaded files:
  • Screenshot-2022-01-04-230728.png

This page is wonderful. If ever you see such a cover postmarked 'Simonstown / Simonstad' please let me know. It is quite amazing how two relatively simple WW2 items, a cover and a label, can combine to make such a historic statement. It must be the skill in layout! You really do present your beautiful material beautifully. Did you obtain this in SA many moons ago or is it a more recent on-line purchase?

PreviousPage 3 of 4Next